Friday, September 30, 2011

Project "Creme de Menthe Snuggle"

One of my current knitting projects is a baby blanket for a friend that is expecting. I have titled it Creme de Menthe Snuggle because the color of the yarn reminds me of Andes chocolate mints. I am using the pattern Pine Forest Baby Blanket by Ingrid Aartun Bøe and making it with Knit Picks Cotlin in Pistachio. 


I chose this pattern so that I could learn a new lace pattern. This particular blanket uses a variation on the gull lace stitch used in the famous February Sweater pattern from Elizabeth Zimmermann’s  book Knitter’s Almanac. The yarn had to be something that was machine washable since it is for baby and a busy mom. Cotlin is 70% cotton and 30% linen and will knit up into a fabric that could be used for many seasons unlike a washable wool which would be too hot for Spring or early Fall. 


Below are photos of the finished blanket from fellow ravelers (I am working on a review of Ravelry.com right now) JoannaCos and VickiT.



No comments:

Post a Comment