Saturday, October 15, 2011

PE5 - Ravelry Project Pages

In addition to using the pattern search function on Ravelry.com I will be using it's project pages as well for my Relevant Innovative Learning Scenario. I did a test drive on this feature as well and created a project page for a hand knit and felted bag I made when I used to live in Colorado.

To start creating a project page you navigate to my notebook, then projects, then click "add new project". You start by naming your project. Some folks on Ravelry just use their name and then the name of the pattern i.e. Alyson's Formal Boot Bag. Because I knit this project during a blizzard I decided to call it Blizzard Bag. Once you've named it Ravelry will try to find the pattern it in its database so you can have a link to it on your project page. To do this it needs to know what craft (knitting or crochet), type of source (book, download, pamphlet, etc.) and name of the source.


Next select the pattern from a list of possibilities Ravelry has found on its database.


At this point you have started your project page and just need to fill in all the other information. That includes made for, size made, tags, needle size/type, yarn/amount, start date and any notes you have about the project. 


Here is a picture of my finished project page for the Blizzard Bag!






No comments:

Post a Comment