Saturday, October 8, 2011

PE2 - iMovie

Continuing my training on iMovie from Lynda.com I have finished chapter 7 which is all about editing video. This was a real eye opener for me in terms of realizing the types of tools iMovie has to offer in this department. When creating videos before I was extremely limited in my knowledge of what types of editing I could do to clips. The biggest and most useful features shown in the chapter was the advanced editing button and splitting clips. The advanced editing button (shown below)...

... allows to you avoid all the selecting and dragging to move clips from your events pane into your project, while clip splitting (keyboard shortcut shift/command/s)...

allows you to split clips up into pieces so that you can put other media or cutaways in between. 

Looking forward to what is left to learn in the chapters on Audio Editing and Special Effects!

1 comment:

  1. There are oodles of "eye openers" for you! I know there were a massive amount for me! I caught myself watching and rewinding and saying, "wait a minute. Oh, that's cool. I can't wait to use that tool." And then, not 5 videos later, I catch myself saying the same thing. One thing about learning all these at once is finding some good, quality time to use these tools to it's somewhat fullest. I liked the organization part the best. I used a lot of the advanced tools setting to halfway organize my clips. The tool I used the most was the rejection tool. I am not sure if that is the true name for it, but it was the one with the "x". Just that tool alone was helpful is getting rid of unwanted footage. Because my filming skills is still so amateur-ish, I have so much footage to go through before I really found what I could use.

    Enjoy the rest of the videos! I know I did! I even downloaded them for future use :0)

    ReplyDelete