Thursday, October 6, 2011

PE1 - iMovie

For my masters program I have access to Lynda.com an online library of how to videos. This week I have been going through the tutorial for iMovie '11. I hope to create knitting videos in the future using iMovie. I am currently working on a video for a professional development presentation.


So far I have viewed chapters 1-4 which mostly covered things I was already aware of and using. The favorite new thing is what I am dubbing the "switch-a-roo" button which switches the editing and events panes. This was super helpful when I was creating a video this week.  The switch-a-roo button looks like this...

The other thing that I think I will find useful in the future was understanding how to import videos from all the various types of cameras. By watching these videos I realized that I was adding several steps to the process of importing. I look forward to saving a lot more time in the future now that I know these "tricks".

No comments:

Post a Comment